Monday, November 5, 2007

Stutter and Flickr

This thing took a bit longer than the other things and I still have one piece I have to learn. I had never used a digital camera and had no idea how to upload pictures from the camera onto my computer. So, I took my 10 things assignment home. I used pictures from our summer vacation that my husband had uploaded to our home network. Yesterday I took some pictures with our digital camera and sometime this week he'll show me how to upload them. I really want to learn how to do that - also want to learn how to load pictures onto a microchip so I can change pictures on my digital picture frame - so this is a good opportunity.

A little thing in terms of the directions - I didn't realize I had to click on my photo to be able to see the "Blog This" tool. It took me a while until I finally just decided to click on the photo to see what would happen. Others with more experience might have realized that right away.

The one thing I thought of as a way to use Flickr - to photograph and tag our changing art exhibitions. We have wonderful exhibits and it might be nice to have a way for patrons to be able to "visit" past displays or have the chance to enjoy once more a favorite from a previous display. Some suggested tags would be "Skokie Art Exhibits", the name of the sponsoring group such as "Skokie Art Guild", the name of the actual exhibit.

1 comment:

rich said...

that's a great idea about the art exhibits. i think people would love to see that stuff up on flickr.

btw, thanks for the tip about the instructions. i'll make a little note to make things clearer, unless someone's already done it.