Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wikis -- Radical Trust

I think Wikis used within an organization can be a great tool. I kept thinking about the strategic planning process and how useful a Wiki could be to get input from staff, share ideas, edit drafts, etc. I also think it could be useful for committee work - as committee members are working on assignments, gathering information, etc. they can post it, get feedback, comment on the work of other members.

As for the concept of "radical trust" it seems like the community can monitor content to ensure there's no vandalism. But if no one person is responsible for an article's content who is ultimately accountable? I suppose Wiki advocates would say "the community" is accountable but over the long run I'm not sure that is sustainable. But time will tell.

No comments: